Q: What labels do you give yourself? How does your self-identity function in your day-to-day life? Compare your concept of self worth with Hurston's, as she expresses it in this essay
A: Sometimes I give myself a label that Im overweight. I also tend to do it off of my background. I dont have the life that most have come from. My self-identity functions in positive and negative ways in my everday life. At times certain things about myself or what has happened may get me down but then again they make me want to work on things or just become a better and stronger person based on my experiences.
My concept of self worth can be compared to Hurston's in the since that sometimes I feel "different" because of the background I have come from.
Hi Jessica,
ReplyDeleteYou mention that you feel different. Is this because of your self-identity that you speak of? If not, please explain.
Ms. C
When I said "different" I just meant because Im not the typical college student whose parents support me and stuff like that. Thats all I meant by that.
ReplyDelete